Riviera Nayarit ATV tours will take you on an outdoor adventure like no other. Ride your ATV through tropical rainforests, over natural streams and creeks, plus through authentic Mexican villages and plantations, all located along the 200-mile stretch of Nayarit’s Pacific West Coast, in the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains!
If you are 16 or older, you can be in control of your own ATV (children under 16 years of age can ride with an adult).
Feel the tropical ocean breeze on your face and the rush of adrenaline as you drink in the sights and sounds of naturally beautiful Riviera Nayarit. ATV excursions are rugged sightseeing at its best and there’s no better way to explore the Mexican countryside!
ATV Tour Facts
If you enjoy adventure and the outdoors then an ATV tour is a must. Some ATV excursions can last up to 3.5 hours as you travel across rugged terrain, jungle trails, and mountain waterways so expect to possibly get a little wet or muddied! Be sure to dress appropriately and bring sunscreen!
- ATV riding trails include natural forest trails, some roads, and some waterways
- ATV rentals include a tutorial with an introduction to the vehicle’s operation
- ATVs are semi-automatic (they don’t have a clutch but gear shifting will be necessary)
- ATV tour guides are highly trained, experienced, and bilingual
- Adult operators (16 years or older) require a valid driver’s license
- You can choose to share an ATV or ride solo (or request a private ATV tour)
- Children 15 and under must ride with an adult
- Most ATV tours operate twice daily
- ATV tours are incredibly scenic – Camera’s are welcome but Video & Photo packages are also offered
About the Sierra Madre Mountains
The Sierra Madre Mountains extend from Southern California down through Mexico’s Pacific West Coast and on to Guatemala. In the Riviera Nayarit region, the Western foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains are windswept by warm tropical Pacific Ocean breezes that carry an abundance of moisture to the lush tropical rainforests and mixed forests. Whether you are staying in Sayulita, Punta Mita, Guayabitos, or Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit’s natural beauty, wildlife, flora and fauna are extraordinary and well worth the experience of a Nayarit ATV tour.
Book a Riviera Nayarit ATV Tour!
Watch our YouTube video about ATV adventure tours in Riviera Nayarit. You can also visit our Land Activities page to explore other incredible Mexico adventures like horse back riding on the beach in Riviera Nayarit.