WEDDINGS IN PARADISE AND ROMANTIC HONEYMOONS IN RIVIERA NAYARIT
Marrying in Riviera Nayarit is a dream come true! This beautiful Mexican destination provides the most romantic resorts, spectacular beaches, superb cuisine and a special attention to all of the myriad details of organizing a wedding. Couples can choose to wed in the exclusive Punta Mita resort enclave, a stylish boutique hotel along Banderas Bay or at a fabulous all-inclusive resort in Nuevo Vallarta.
Riviera Nayarit is ideal for a destination wedding or honeymoon because in addition to these beautiful wedding locations, there is so much to do for wedding guests and honeymooners – 192 miles of beach framed by forested Sierra Madre Mountains, luxury yachts, world class spas, six championship golf courses, great diving and snorkeling, some of the best surfing beaches in the world, many opportunities to commune with nature, shopping and gourmet restaurants – in an authentically Mexican, unspoiled setting.
Couples who wish to marry in Riviera Nayarit can have a civil marriage ceremony or a religious ceremony with a priest, minister or rabbi. Wedding planners in each of the hotels can help couples prepare the necessary documentation and if desired, obtain clergy from the appropriate religious denomination. Below we have outlined the documents needed to marry in Mexico.
Legal Requirements for getting married in Riviera Nayarit
Documentation required for each participant in a Civil Marriage Ceremony. You can bring the originals and one complete set of copies or send it to your wedding coordinator at least 15 days prior to the wedding. Birth, divorce, death, name change certificates must be translated into Spanish by an authorized translator from the City Hall of Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit.
- Valid passport
- One additional form of valid picture identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Birth certificate, translated into Spanish
- Mexican entry visa or tourist card (this is provided by Customs upon arrival at the Puerto Vallarta International Airport).
- Blood test results for HIV and STD. These tests and the required medical certificate are normally taken care of at the hotel with results in 24 hours.
- If either party has been married before, the proper dissolution documents, dated at least one year prior to the wedding date, must be provided. If by divorce, a certified copy of the divorce decree. If by death, a certified copy of the death certificate.
- Legal documentation of adoption or name change, if applicable.
- Two witnesses for the bride and two for the groom. If the witnesses are not Mexican citizens, they must provide their Mexico entry visa or a tourist card, passport and another form of picture ID.
- Completed and signed “Application for Civil Marriage.” This is normally available to sign at the Civil Registry Office upon arrival.
Required documentation for the bride and groom for the Religious or Non-denominational Ceremony include the following:
- Valid passport and a driver’s license or birth certificate
- Mexican entry visa or tourist card (provided by Customs upon arrival at the Cancun International Airport).
- Two witnesses with their passport, driver’s license or birth certificate and their Mexican entry visa or tourist card.
- If either party has been married before, the proper dissolution documents must be provided. If by divorce, a certified copy of the divorce decree or, if by death, a copy of the death certificate.
- A copy of the original Marriage Certificate.
To get your planning event started please contact us at:
Riviera Nayarit Convention & Visitors Bureau
Silvia Duarte – Events Manager