Getting Married In Riviera Nayarit MX
Have Your Wedding In Paradise
Enjoy A Romantic Honeymoon in Riviera Nayarit
Getting married in Nayarit Mexico can be a dream come true! This beautiful destination on the Pacific Coast of Mexico offers the most romantic resorts, spectacular pristine sandy beaches, and superb cuisine. Let us help you and pay special attention to all of the myriad details of organizing your wedding in Riviera Nayarit Mexico.
Couples can choose to get married in the exclusive Punta Mita resort enclave like the W Hotel or the Grand Palladium. There’s also many stylish boutique hotels along Banderas Bay. Or you might want to have your wedding at a fabulous all-inclusive luxury resort in Nuevo Vallarta like the Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort or the Dreams Villamagna Hotel.
Riviera Nayarit is an ideal location for a destination wedding or exceptional honeymoon. In addition to these beautiful wedding locations, there is so much to do for wedding guests and honeymooners.
Riviera Nayarit offers 192-miles of pristine beaches framed by the majestic Sierra Madre Mountains. Create an unforgettable, one-in-a-lifetime wedding that might include luxury yachts, world class spas and wellness, six championship Nayarit golf courses, and great diving and snorkeling. Nayarit also has some of the best surfing beaches in the world, plus many opportunities to commune with nature. Enjoy shopping at local markets plus local and international gourmet restaurants – all in an authentically Mexican, unspoiled setting.
Couples who wish to marry in Riviera Nayarit can have a civil marriage ceremony or a religious ceremony with a priest, minister or rabbi. Wedding planners in each of the hotels can help couples prepare the necessary documentation and if desired, obtain clergy from the appropriate religious denomination. Below we have outlined the documents needed to marry in Mexico.
Legal Requirements for Getting Married in Riviera Nayarit
Below you will find Documentation required for each participant in a Civil Marriage Ceremony in Mexico. You can bring the originals and one complete set of copies or send it to your wedding coordinator at least 15 days prior to the wedding. Birth, divorce, death, and name change certificates must be translated into Spanish by an authorized translator from the City Hall of Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit.
- Valid passport.
- One additional form of valid picture identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Birth certificate, translated into Spanish.
- Mexican entry visa or tourist card (this is provided by Customs upon arrival at the Puerto Vallarta International Airport).
- Blood test results for HIV and STD. These tests and the required medical certificate are normally taken care of at the hotel with results in 24 hours.
- If either party has been married before, the proper dissolution documents, dated at least one year prior to the wedding date, must be provided. If by divorce, a certified copy of the divorce decree. If by death, a certified copy of the death certificate.
- Legal documentation of adoption or name change, if applicable.
- Two witnesses for the bride and two for the groom. If the witnesses are not Mexican citizens, they must provide their Mexico entry visa or a tourist card, passport and another form of picture ID.
- Completed and signed “Application for Civil Marriage.” This is normally available to sign at the Civil Registry Office upon arrival.
Required documentation for the bride and groom for the Religious or Non-denominational Ceremony include the following:
- Valid passport and a driver’s license or birth certificate.
- Mexican entry visa or tourist card (provided by Customs upon arrival at the Cancun International Airport).
- Two witnesses with their passport, driver’s license or birth certificate and their Mexican entry visa or tourist card.
- If either party has been married before, the proper dissolution documents must be provided. If by divorce, a certified copy of the divorce decree or, if by death, a copy of the death certificate.
- A copy of the original Marriage Certificate.
If you are planning on getting married in Nayarit Mexico, we can help. To get started, please contact us at:
Silvia Duarte – Events Manager