Overview & General Information
Year Opened: 2007
# Rooms: 29
Area Location: Located on Mexico’s west coast and Pacific Ocean, just one mile north of Sayulita and 18 miles from Puerto Vallarta International Airport.
Beach: Enjoyable 100% swimmable Private Beach.
Ave. Playa Escondida No. 1,
Sayulita, Bahía de Banderas Nayarit
Things to Know
- Check-in Time: 15:00 hrs.
- Check-Out Time: 11:00 hrs.
- Handicap Access: Not available
- Credit Cards Accepted: AMEX, VISA, MASTERCARD
Special Policies / Children Policy:
Because the concept of this resort is promoted primarily as a resort for rest and relaxation and due to safety concerns, Playa Escondida Sayulita has implemented the following policies regarding children:
- No children under 5 years of age
- Dates available for children to visit are the weeks of Christmas, Easter and the month of July
- Maximum of 2 children per family (8 children total)
If you are considering sharing the Playa Escondida experience with your child, please review the following rules in place for children:
- A limited number of children are welcome Christmas Week, Easter Week, and the month of July.
- We do not accept families with more than 2 children.
- Children are not permitted in the Jacuzzi or Spa areas.
- Children may not use the computers designated for guests.
- Children are only permitted in the restaurant and bar areas until 9pm.
- Children are permitted in the pool until 30 minutes before sunset. They are not permitted to have water toys in the pool, to splash or to rough house. Our pool is located in the middle of our restaurant and, if the children are disturbing the ambiance of the area, they will be asked to leave.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at ALL times. This is especially important on our beach, as we do not have a lifeguard.
- Parents must accept responsibility for their children.
All rooms, dining areas, and the bar in the main restaurant are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted at the Beach Bar. Playa Escondida asks that guests show consideration for non-smoking guests and place all stubbed butts in appropriate containers. The hotel’s thatched roofs (palapas) are extremely flammable and guests are required to show particular caution when smoking in areas near palapas.
Most of the rooms are designed for couples, for extra people in the room, please ask front desk.
Front Beach: Comfortable houses, Beach front, king size bed, wide Windows (Luna Penthouse, Luna Danzante, Luna Alegre, Luna Serena, Luna Amor, Sol 1, Sol2, Sol 3, Villa 1, Villa 2, Villa 3, Villa 4)
Ocean View: Studio, Rocosa, Guest House, Love Nest
Surrounded by an exuberant tropical vegetation, you will feel as if you were in the middle of a wonderful jungle, very close to the ocean. (Bungalow 1, Bungalow 2, Casita Cabana)
Bird Canyon: Exclusive houses imported form Thailand, 100% Teak wood, with a perfect combination between rustic and luxury, with an incredible Canyon view, surrounded by local birds you will feel covered by the Mother Nature.
Spa: A unique designed open air Spa
Terraza bar where table games will be available such as chez, backgammon, etc.
Gourmet options a la carte style. We serve breakfast , lunch and also dinner. We have 3 different Menu from which you will be able to select: a 100% Mexican Menu, a Premium Selection from the Chef and one that changes everyday.
We also serve snacks on the Beach. Romantic Dinner on the Beach can be also arranged.
Beach Activities, Pools & Bars
Beach: A very nice, private and swimmable beach area. Snorkel equipment and boogie boards for free. Yoga, Pilates and Zumba on the sand for free. Walking beach trails to get into Sayulita. Beach Bar and Happy Hour during the sunset.
Pool: Try the spa water infinity pool. Open your eyes as you swim underwater. No irritation. Feel your smooth skin and smell the freshness of chemical-free natural saline water. Swim toward the infinity edge which seems to merge with the ocean swells.
An intimate jacuzzi nestled among mountain boulders and tropical palms.
Watch for whales by day or spot constellations by night as you sit in the relaxing current of massaging water jets.
Swim under the warm waterfall. Enjoy 90° water year round…take a rain bath as you swim under the waterfall…sit under the huge boulder and laugh together as the water pours down in front of you.
Bar: Terraza Bar, Beach Bar, Restaurant Bar
Contact us for Information & Reservations